It’s that time of year again when your gas and electric bills are going through the roof just to keep your home at a comfortable temperature. Here are some tips that could help you save.
- * Use a programmable thermostat and set it to only work the hours that you are home. No sense in heating your home when no one is there. You can even set the thermostat to kick on 30 minutes before you typically come home so that your home is nice and toasty
* Wear an extra layer instead of setting your thermostat to a couple of degrees higher
* Seal air leaks around windows and doors so that the cool air doesn’t mix with your hot heated air
* Keep your blinds open on sunny days in sunny rooms. The sun can help heat your home to a certain degree
* Change your furnace to a higher efficiency model. Older furnaces are usually 80% efficient. What this means is that only 80% of your energy consumption goes towards the actual heating of your home, the other 20% is just wasted exhaust fumes. Newer models go up to 98.3% efficiency which means only 1.7% of your energy consumption goes towards waste.
For more information on how to save on your energy bill give Duct Professor Inc. a call! For further questions, call us at (847) 744-8099.